Suggestions for you
C.V. EDITION by SPIDERBOWS Condor - 64 in. -70 in. - 30-50 lbs - Take Down Recurve bow
With the current model year, SPIDERBOWS has revised its well-known and appreciated top line Condor and provided it with some additional refinements. The riser, for example, is made of modern stabilised wood, which has become an indispensable part of archery. This homogeneous composite material is made of several layers of wood, which are completely impregnated with epoxy resin, resulting in a high-strength riser, which is significantly more torsion-resistant and heavier than risers made of Technowood. Without additional inlays or other materials, this creates a vibration-free riser that impresses with absolute precision. At the same time, the material gives it the natural and pleasant feel of wood.
The individual colour design is another advantage of the innovative Teknowood, which would not be possible with classic wood. Teknowood offers an almost infinite number of possibilities. The colouring of the Condor was developed especially for SPIDERBOWS. This makes the Condor absolutely unique in the world of archery. The result is an elegant play of colours consisting of dominant, noble black with accents in gray, brown or red, which give the bow a timeless but modern and extraordinary appearance.
C.V. Edition - Developed by the world champion
Two years of hard work went into the C.V. Edition, which was developed jointly by SPIDERBOWS and Christian Vorderegger, the IFAA World and European Champion. It was not easy to meet all his demands and set goals, but with the C.V. Edition, SPIDERBOWS has succeeded in building bows that make no compromises.
Various aspects were particularly important to Christian Vorderegger during the joint development:
- The riser must be extremely torsionally stiff, really heavy and cut across the middle! SPIDERBOWS has managed to create a riser without additional aids such as metal inserts or similar, which is extremely stable thanks to the latest generation of Teknowood and heavy enough at 1500g. The combination of these factors enables a vibration-free shooting behaviour that not only feels extremely comfortable, but also culminates in absolute precision.
- Due to the new asymmetrical geometry of the Condor, the bow window is cut further across the centre. Nevertheless, the bow remains absolutely stable and optimises the arrow flight and the possibilities of arrow tuning.
- Last but not least, equipped with a pleasant, ergonomic grip, the riser of the Condor fits perfectly to the hand and gives a great feeling when shooting.
The limbs of the C.V. Edition are based on a core of bamboo wood, which is covered on the outside with 1.2 mm thick exposed carbon and does not require any additional glass laminate. On the inside, on the other hand, only highly stable black laminate is used, the surface of which has a satin finish. This special limb construction has it all and offers a number of advantages: In addition to maximum torsional stiffness, it guarantees extremely forgiving shooting behaviour and very high speeds.
All components and characteristics together create a bow that can be shot vibration-free, fast, precise and forgiving and will inspire every tournament shooter.
Finish by the World Champion PERSONALLY
In order to ensure the quality that one associates with the name of a world and European champion and is also entitled to expect, all bows are personally tested, signed and prepared ready to shoot by Christian Vorderegger after manufacture.
- Bow length: 64 in., 66 in., 68 in. or 70 in.
- Draw weight (selectable in 5 lbs increments): 30-50 lbs.
- Length riser:
- 64 in.: 19 in.
- 66 in.: 21 in.
- 68 in.: 23 in.
- 70 in.: 25 in.
- Recommended stand height:
- 64 in.: 7.75 in. - 8.25 in.
- 66 in.: 8.00 in. - 8.25 in.
- 68 in.: 8.25 in. - 8.75 in.
- 70 in.: 8.50 in. - 8.75 in.
- max. draw length:
- 64 inch: 30 inch
- 66 inch: 31 inch
- 68 inch: 32 inch
- 70 inch: 33 inch
- Minimum arrow weight: 7gr/lbs
- String: Spiderbows Speed String
- Total weight:
- 64 in.: approx. 1750g
- 66 in.: approx. 1800g
- 68 in.: approx. 1850g
- 70 in.: approx. 1900g
- Available as right or left hand bow
Scope of delivery:
Bow with Fast Flight string
Determination of the draw hand
The draw hand is the hand that pulls the string. This means that a right-hand bow is held in the left hand and pulled out with the right hand.
The determination of the personal draw hand has far less to do with whether one is left or right-hand than one might initially assume. Rather, it is a matter of determining the dominant eye. The dominant eye is used for targeting. This automatically results in the draw hand.
The term "dominant eye" refers to the eye the visual information of which superimposes everything. If a shooter would try to aim with the other eye, he would have to pinch the dominant eye.
There are two ways to determine the dominant eye: On the one hand, it is the eye that is generally preferred, for example when looking through the viewfinder of a camera, through the spyhole or similar situations. On the other hand, there is a small exercise with which the dominant eye can be determined beyond doubt:
- The arms are stretched out and with thumb and index fingers of both hands, a triangle is formed.
- The triangle is used to target a small target, such as a power socket or a cabinet knob. This object is focused.
- The hands are now slowly moved towards the face without the target being taken out of focus.
- The triangle of thumb and index fingers will automatically incline to one half of the face and the dominant eye will lie within it.
If eye and hand dominance do not match, the bow should still be selected according to eye dominance. The arms can easily be trained on the new draw hand, the eye cannot.
More information about the choice of the right bow type, the right draw weight and the right arrows can be found here: