Suggestions for you
JACKALOPE Zircon - Ultimate - 66-70 inch - 14-50 lbs - ILF - Take Down Recurve Bow
With the Zircon ULTIMATE, JACKALOPE expands the Zircon series with probably the best Zircon riser ever made. The name "ULTIMATE" could not have been better chosen for this top model. Even the first glance inevitably elicits a "WOW!", because you can see and feel directly that you are holding something very special in your hands.
Made of CNC-machined aluminum, the 25-inch Riser shows clear edges and only a few curved lines that combine to form a stunning whole. The design with cutouts and diagonal bracing not only looks great, but also provides maximum strength and torsional rigidity while saving material and weight. Speaking of weight, at 1264g the Riser is still not too light and gives a convincing feel when shooting. An even higher weight can be achieved with the included four additional weights of 26g each, which can be screwed into special mounts below the grip and bring the Riser to a total weight of 1368g. The weights also feature dampers that eliminate vibration and noise and prevent the weights from loosening. Even more weight, and therefore even more balance, can be achieved with additional weights or stabilizers that can be mounted on the five stabilizer bushings to put the weight where it is needed in the bow's personal setup.
In addition to the optimal weight, the comfortable handle in carbon look also contributes to the absolutely convincing shooting feeling. Relatively slim, it lies optimally in the hand and provides a perfect pressure point.
Equipped with five sockets for stabilizers - three on the front, two on the back -, an integrated clicker extension and all other sockets for the button, arrow rest and arrow head.r button, arrow rest and sight, the Zircon Ultimate Riser is already technically better placed than other Risers, but also has fixable Tiller screws and lateral adjustability of the limb mountings. The adjustment screws for the limb mountings are additionally secured with screws that reliably prevent adjustment due to vibrations.
Key Facts about the ULTIMATE Riser from Jackalope
- 25 inch length: wonderfully smooth shooting and absolutely forgiving
- CNC machined aluminum
- Design with cutouts and diagonal bracing: Maximum stability while saving weight, giving you more freedom to add weight where it makes sense with counterweights and stabilizers
- Weight: 1264g (1368g with all weights included)
- Integrated shock-absorbing foam on the additional weights for vibration-free shooting
- Weight can still be increased via stabilizers and additional weights (not included) - perfect for blank bow shooters
- ILF limb mountings, laterally adjustable and fixable via adjustment screws
- grip shell in carbon optics
- integrated clicker extension
- Numerous sockets for stabilizers, sights, clicker, button and weights
- 9 high-quality anodized colors, 4 Risers are strikingly anodized in two colors
ILF-System - Innovative and flexible
The limbs themselves are attached to the Riser using the International Limb Fitting System (ILF). These are simply inserted into the worm arm mounts on the Riser and not screwed in place. This innovative, standardized system allows the use of plug-in limbs from different manufacturers and does not tie the shooter to one manufacturer or the manufacturer of the Riser. Thus, the limbs can be easily and quickly mounted or exchanged for other draw weights or models.
JACKALOPE - The innovative brand in archery
Modern, high-quality materials and the simple elegance of archery. - This is JACKALOPE, the innovative brand in archery. High-quality processed and manufactured, Jackalope stands for a whole range of beautifully crafted long, recurve and hybrid bows, as well as various protective goods and accessories.
At JACKALOPE you will find everything you need for this, your sport. And all this in a sophisticated look, whose design is not limited to the bows, but is continued in all products.
Bow length: 66,68 or 70 inches
Draw weight (depending on the chosen limbs): 16-50 lbs
Riser length: 25 inches
recommended brace height: 8,5-9,5 inch
Material Riser: Aluminum
Weight (Riser incl. additional weights): 1368g
Weight (Riser without additional weights): 1264g
Weights (4 pieces): 26g each
Hand: right hand or left hand
Scope of delivery:
Bow with string
Determination of the draw hand
The draw hand is the hand that pulls the string. This means that a right-hand bow is held in the left hand and pulled out with the right hand.
The determination of the personal draw hand has far less to do with whether one is left or right-hand than one might initially assume. Rather, it is a matter of determining the dominant eye. The dominant eye is used for targeting. This automatically results in the draw hand.
The term "dominant eye" refers to the eye the visual information of which superimposes everything. If a shooter would try to aim with the other eye, he would have to pinch the dominant eye.
There are two ways to determine the dominant eye: On the one hand, it is the eye that is generally preferred, for example when looking through the viewfinder of a camera, through the spyhole or similar situations. On the other hand, there is a small exercise with which the dominant eye can be determined beyond doubt:
- The arms are stretched out and with thumb and index fingers of both hands, a triangle is formed.
- The triangle is used to target a small target, such as a power socket or a cabinet knob. This object is focused.
- The hands are now slowly moved towards the face without the target being taken out of focus.
- The triangle of thumb and index fingers will automatically incline to one half of the face and the dominant eye will lie within it.
If eye and hand dominance do not match, the bow should still be selected according to eye dominance. The arms can easily be trained on the new draw hand, the eye cannot.
More information about the choice of the right bow type, the right draw weight and the right arrows can be found here: