Most adhesives that are used in archery contain solvent and should not be used in closed rooms without fresh air. Furthermore, it was necessary to use multiple adhesives for finishing the arrow up to now. Different glues had to be used for carbon- and wooden arrows but also for feathers, inserts, nocks and plastic fletchings.
By working together with a German adhesive maufacturer, Bearpaw was able to solve both problems, since with the new Archery Super Glue, which is based on cyanoacrylate, you only need this one glue for almost all applications in archery.
What can the new Super Glue do?
1. Fletching of aluminium-, carbon- and wooden arrows with feathers
2. Fletching of aluminium-, carbon- and wooden arrows with plastic vanes
3. Fletching of arrow crestings with feathers and plastic vanes
4. Glueing inserts and glue-in tips into carbon- and aluminium arrows
5. Glueing nocks onto aluminium- and wooden arrows
The biggest advantage of the glue is the fact that can easily be used in closed rooms, since the Bearpaw Archery Super Glue does not contain any solvent. Thereby, you do not have to worry about deleterious and irritant fumes.
The new glue is a contact adhesive and is firm after only three seconds. This means that fletching arrows will also be a lot quicker in the future. When fletching you have to make sure, however, that the fletching has sufficient contact with the arrow surface so that a satisfactory result can be achieved.