In cooperation with the renowned French archers Pierre-Julien Deloche, Dominique Genet and Sebastien Peineau, the latest innovation from BOHNING - the Ice Vane - was created.
These innovative 3" (76.2mm) long and 0.30" (7.62mm) tall vanes are the result of an extensive development and numerous tests under different conditions - from different weather conditions to different bows/arrows.
But what is better about the BOHNING Ice Vanes than other vanes? The three professional archers made the following observations:
-Even when using the vanes without an offset on the shaft, you already achieve
improve the arrow groupings in the target in contrast to conventional vanes. An even better
and thus optimal grouping could be achieved with a 1°-2° offset.
-Thanks to the composite material used and the optimized adhesive surface, the Ice Vanes are
much more robust and durable than normal vanes. Even with shots through the target or
In the closest groupings, the glue remained strong and the vanes stayed on the shaft. Even when trying
to tear off the Vanes intentionally, the glue remained intact.
- The flat profile also reduces the risk of impact against the bow or the arrow rest,
compared to conventional vanes
- Perfect for compound shooters.
The professionals also have some advice for you:
- You will get the best results in terms of groupings, contact with the bow and durability of the
vanes when the arrows hit the target, with a 1 to 1.5 degree offset fletching.
- The vanes are ideal for heavy, thin shafts like the Easton X10 Protour, Carbon Express Nano Pro,
etc. or when using a field tip with at least 110 grain.
- The fletching of arrows also is very easy and extremely durable. Pierre-Julien for example uses Bohning Blazer
Bond and has never lost a vane unless the arrow flew entirely through the target.
Length: 3" (76.2mm)
Height: 0.30" (7.62mm)
Black, Blue, Hot Pink, Neon Green, Neon Orange, Neon Red, Neon Yellow, Violet, Red, White